Love is a fire

 

I bet that everyone has a personal idea about what Love is. Joan Crawford said that "Love is a fire", so I wanted to create a card inspired by the duality of love - both warming and burning - using the sentiment from the So Suzy Stamps August Release:

Scommetto che ognuna di noi ha la sua personalissima idea di cosa sia l'amore. Joan Crawford disse che "L'amore è un fuoco", così ho voluto creare una card ispirata al dualismo dell'amore - che può sia scaldare, sia bruciare - usando la nuova scritta che fa parte della Release di Agosto di So Suzy Stamps:



As the quote is quite big, I decided to create a one-layer card. I built my own background with some ink blending: I started sponging a piece of watercolour paper with a bunch of Distress Inks (Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Abandoned Coral). Then I took the Bricked Stencil designed by Tim Holtz and I gradually removed some colour by sponging a wet cloth over the stencil, than I sponged some Pomice Stone Distress Ink here and there.

Visto che la citazione è piuttosto estesa, ho deciso di creare una one-layer card. Ho realizzato un background personalizzato sfumando qualche inchiostro: ho iniziato applicando i Distress Inks su un foglio acquerellabile con il distress tool (Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade e Abandoned Coral). Poi ho scelto lo stencil di Tim Holtz e ho rimosso pian piano il colore dal foglio, tamponando la superficie dello stencil con uno straccio bagnato e ho poi continuato passando qui e là del Pomice Stone Distress Ink.


I didn't stop until I was satisfied with the final effect: a fire building or burning a wall. I trimmed down the piece of paper and I stamped the sentiment right in the center with some Stazon Jet Black Ink.

Non mi sono fermata finché non sono rimasta soddisfatta del risultato finale: un fuoco che divorava o costruiva un muro. Ho poi tagliato il foglio e ho stampato al centro la scritta con dello Stazon Jet Black Ink.


At this point my card was pretty much finished: I only glued down the front panel on a piece of black cardstock and I added some grey spots around the edges with some Pomice Stone.

A questo punto la mia card è pressoché finita: ho solo incollato il pannello sulla base di cartoncino nero e ho aggiunto del colore grigio intorno ai bordi sempre con del Pomice Stone.

I love how an handmade background could add interest to the card!

Amo il modo in cui uno sfondo personalizzato si può adattare alla citazione, dando significato ad una card!


I hope you enjoyed this card and got inspired as well. See you soon!

Spero che questa card vi sia piaciuta e vi abbia ispirato. A presto!

You May Also Like

0 commenti